Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Grateful for a Man in a Red Truck






Challenge #25 – Color Inspiration
Hello friends! 
I needed a card to give to my daughter and her husband Tom,
Soon it marks a year since the shooting in Vegas when Tom
was shot three times. I thought this sentiment was simply 
stated and perfect . 
 My heart goes out to the families that lost a loved one, and the  
many that are still suffering . My daughter keeps in touch as they all need each other.


I heat embossed my image with gold powder and watercolored  with the inks below. I decided to fussy cut my image and pop it up 
with foam tape to the back. I love this stamp from 

 



 At first I didn't think I could use the colors but I ended up liking them and so different from what I normally use.


 I won't go into the long story but some of you know immediately after the shooting a man in a RED PIKCUP gathered as many shooting victims as he could in his truck as he himself was fleeing the shooting. (My heavy heart and prayers are with the families of the six people in  the truck with them that didn't survive, my they rest in peace.)
When I saw this pillow it just seemed happy and of a time most of us love (fall) So I bought it for Nicole and Tom and I searched for one for myself as well. 

Thank you for the visit .
Hope you have a wonderful day 

Simon Says: Pop It Up

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful inspired card Marybeth, the colors worked beautifully with your image and looks so nice fussy cut and layered in the corner. And the sentiment really says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Marybeth and a beautiful post. It seems hard to believe it has already been a year. I am so happy that your family's story ended well. God is good!

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is Beautiful. I remember when this happened such an awful event. I am so thankful your son in law is ok and I will be praying for all of those affected. Take care ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'm out of line saying we are ALL grateful for that man in a red truck, Marybeth! Your card is just perfect, and the pillow will be loved, I'm sure of it! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful post marybeth...from your gorgeous card to you sharing your daughter's amazing story to the wonderful pillow. i still keep her and her husband in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful card and I love it even more knowing the meaning behind it. In some ways it seems hard to believe it’s been a year...and others it seems like it has been so much longer. I love that you found a pillow that will always remind you of your earthly angel. I think this whole experience knit my heart to yours more than anything else. Love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post warms my heart Marybeth. I too am grateful your family made it through this and for the man in the red truck. Your card is just lovely and the pillow is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Marybeth and how perfect for your daughter and son in law! So many senseless tragedy's these days that just break our hearts, but am so grateful that your story turned out with a happy ending! A beautiful post my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful post, Marybeth ... highlighting beautiful thoughts and sentiments ... showing a beautiful card ... and a beautiful (and so special) pillow to remind you all of that special soul who made a difference in so many lives. Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, Marybeth, your card is spectacular! The coloring is simply gorgeous! My prayers are with your family as you mark this one-year anniversary of a horrific act that impacted your beautiful family. Finding that pillow for you and your daughter and son-in-law was definitely a God-thing! Even in the midst of tragedy and evil, we are reminded that angels walk with us! Love and hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. The card is lovely. So very glad your son in law survived that tragic event. Crafting is so therapeutic for me as it helps me get in touch with those difficult memories. God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, Marybeth! Your colors are so lovely. Amazing to think that a year has passed since that horrific day. And what a blessing that an angel in a red truck was close by to help. The pillows will be a wonderful reminder of that very special stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card, Marybeth. Your use of the inspiration colors makes for such a serene and peaceful card. I really have no words for how touching your post is. Thank you so much for sharing and joining us this month at Where Creativity Meets C9. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.