Thursday, August 2, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #108



                     
                          This fun sketch is by Belinda Chang Langner.  I have dying to play all week. I hope everyone is doing well. I have had such a busy 3 weeks , having fun … but getting tired.  I went out to lunch with one of my sisters and sister-in law .  My SIL s’ name is Maryellen , I had a sister named  Maryellen and My Godmother's (my aunt) is also Maryellen. Then the waitress name was Maryellen .  Well ,anyway we had such a fun time . We did a bit of shopping too!  I just feel so blessed to have them in my life. By the way I love my SIL like a dear sister, my brother was so lucky to marry her 30 yrs ago. 


All the stamps used are from Waltzingmouse Stamps
 I decided to make this a Christmas card. I hand cut the angel  wings from Earth Angel and used them for the leaves .  I have done this before.  I used the snowflake from Join Us  and just added some pearls. The flower is from Jeanne: AKeptLife… Thanks again Jeanne… I love using these and like I said, I don't think I will run out. You are such a sweet friend. The sentiment is from Compliments of the Season
Thanks for stoping by again!


Stamps: All Waltzingmouse
Dies: Papertrey Ink  and Spellbinders 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: craft store

20 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card!! I love the tag and the flower and the leaves, beautiful details!! And I like the story about all the MaryEllen's!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I would never have thought to use these pretty wings as leaves Marybeth! What a cool idea! Love this beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is a great xmas card! Thanks for the inspiration! Like the story you told about your sisters. Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget Mary Ellen Walton from the TV show! Wow am I dating myself with that one LOL! This card knocked my socks off Marybeth. SO many pretty details to drink in. Love the bits of tinsel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Marybeth, I think that flower is so creative. A very CASEable Christmas card. Love your story, isn't family the best?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card, Marybeth! I love those pearls on the snowflake border that go with the ones on the flower (which is gorgeous!). Beautiful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card with all of the texture! Hard to believe it is time to start thinking about Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful card. I love the colors, and that layout is great. I'm sorry I missed this one. I loved hearing about your SIL, you lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use the wings as leaves. Hope you don't mind if I borrow that idea. Really great interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marybeth! This is another beauty!!! Beautiful wing leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you've captured me completely you clever lady! Love the angel wing leaves - so creative - and so original! Your flower is beautiful - love the glittery fringe peeking through!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!!
    The colors...
    that fabulous bloom and flowers on the tag...
    it's gorgeous Marybeth!!
    And so many "Mary's" in your life...
    so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Marybeth I have been admiring the Xmas cards you have been creating , I know where to come when I need some inspiration.
    Love the tag on this card and the dimension with the flower !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marybeth this is so elegant and classy! I love the row of the vintage looking snowflakes and those pearls in the center of each, so beautiful. That is one amazing flower too, so perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, love how you've used the stamps & the flower is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marybeth and the 3 Maryellens. Sounds like a good old-fashioned movie! I love love love Christmas cards...my fave occasion cards for sure. Those pretty angel wings are my favorite piece, I love seeing them used with flowers and other non-angel things. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like life is busy but fun!! Marybeth your card is awesome!! Just breath taking!! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Avery beautiful card. Hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a fabulous take on the sketch Marybeth and I think it is a winner. Just gorgeous and with all the Maryellens in town I'm thinking of the Waltons again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, Marybeth!I love the angel wing leaves--would never of thought of that and they look so pretty! Great idea to use the snowflakes for your festive border too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.