Tuesday, March 5, 2013

SSCB#7


Envelope Art!

This is the back of the envelope. I colored this with my 
watercolor pencils and water pen.


 For this challenge we were asked to decorate the outside of an envelope, but it still need to me mailable. I often stamp the outside of an envelope,but found it a bit hard to do one for a DT project. I wanted it to look as thought I put in some effort and yet needed it to be mailable. I knew I was going to go patriotic. I kept it simple with just a bit of layering and paper piecing, on the porch flag. I just love that stamp.
Please stop by and see the rest of the DT projects.




14 comments:

  1. This is such a cute envelope. It is like a giant sign to the recipient that the contents will be special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how is the recipient going to throw this away? It needs a frame! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your envelope Marybeth, very patriotic! You totally made it look dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Marybeth - I love the pop of red from the flag and the sentiment - I would definitely open this one first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your flag envelope Marybeth...the front and back look so patriotic...love the paper pieced flag and just enough layering so that it can still go in the mail. Your coloring was perfect on this one...love the watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Marybeth! I think you chose the perfect stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. Love how realistic the flag looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!
    And I agree with Kara...
    love how realistic that flag looks...
    it's fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I adore this stamp!!! Love the way that you used only the additional red color---it totally POPS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I've never seen a prettier envelope! LOVE that flag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you did the flag in red on the front! Nice contrast. I will use this stamp as you did going forward!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous, I love the patriotic theme, and the stamped back too, and I love how the flag is picked out in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Marybeth! Love the patriotic theme. The red watercoloring looks fabulous and the paper piecing adds just the right amount of dimenson!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.