Thursday, June 16, 2016

Pure Joy!



Camp Create – Delightful Die Cutting
Camp Create – Sensational Sliders
Welcome to Camp Create! Today’s Craft – Glitzy Glitter

Hello, friends!  I am playing along in the MFT Camp Create, 




I used Lawn fawn sliders as the other was sold out, they both work. 
You see an extra line on the slider because I messed up my stamping. 
Always stamp before you add foam tape, 
or use fun foam. I glittered the ears with fine Martha Stewart glitter.


I have a non crafty story to share with you.

I was driving with two of my granddaughters, yesterday . As soon as they got in the car Delaney 10yrs. started talking very fast and I couldn’t , hear or understand one of her words. She was telling me she had to give something away because she is too big for it now and that she will share it with someone that doesn’t have one. 

I reluctantly told her I didn’t hear what it was that she was giving away.  With a bit of sass and frustration she spelled out a GEEP !!! I have to give away my GEEP !! I said oh you had to give away your Jeep (motorized jeep) because you outgrew it and now you will share it with someone else. I told her that was so smart to spell it out for me and how proud of her I was!  Then told her it was spelled with a J!

 The reason this brought so much joy to me is because as many of you already know Delaney has Down Syndrome! The tongue can be a big problem with speech and often the reason why it is difficult to understand someone with DS. But I love that she did her best to spell it out for me.

 She asked her mom about a month ago why everyone always says they don’t understand her. Well, she does talk fast, my daughter told her you mean like me-ma and papa? She said they just can’t hear very well.( thanks Nicole)  She said MOM the kids at school can her but they don’t understand me, sometimes!! Oh that broke our hearts!  I was filled with so much joy other day when all on her own she found a way to make me understand! 

 How I love that girl and the pure JOY that she is! She works so  hard, for everything that is simple to us. Emma, her 11yr old sister was just as happy for her as I was.  I love them!

Thank you for letting me share with you today.

We can all find the joy around us!

 Simon Says: Animal Magic

marybethstimeforpaper Instagram 

Die-namics Jungle Friends MFT
Signature Greetings Stamp Set  PTI
slide on over LF

20 comments:

  1. Awww what a sweet story about Delaney! She sounds like a little joy!! Your card... well this may be the cutest one I have seen done with this kit yet! Love the colors and everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely precious but your story is even more so!! Delaney sounds like a real sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a heartwarming story, Marybeth, thank you for sharing this...it is just what we need to hear..the joy, the love and acceptance/ Sure wish there could be more of that in this world!!
    Oh yeah, the card is fantastic! Love the slider!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is one super adorable card! Thanks for sharing your story about Delaney - how heartwarming and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story just warms my heart! Helping bridge the gap in communication is exactly why I became a speech pathologist! Thanks for sharing it with us! I love your card, it's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing it with us!
    I am in love with your adorable card! I just love those little elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While your card is precious and cute; that story of your granddaughter tops it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Marybeth! Sweet, sweet granddaughters. We have a couple that I need an 'interpreter' for! lol So excited and they talk so fast. Wouldn't trade these days for anything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card Marybeth and fabulous story about your granddaughter! It brought tears to my eyes! She sounds like such a precious gem and I'm SO glad you see her beauty! If only we ALL could be so tolerant and loving about our differences! Bless you!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sweet story, Marybeth! Your card is just lovely too!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Marybeth, the whole design of this is adorable :-) your grandaughter sounds just as adorable too, aww she is precious :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is just too adorable. Love it. And TFS about your granddaughter. What a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my....Marybeth this is one sweet card. Just love your adorable little ellies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card! and an amazing story Mary Beth! you made me cry! what a blessing in every way!!

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the card you made, and what an incredible story. Your Delaney is special in so many ways. Please give her and her sister an extra hug next time you see them--from me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your sweet little ellies with their sparkly ears and pearl eyes, Marybeth - very cute!!! So enjoyed the story of your little angle, Delaney!!!! TFS.
    Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those little elephants are just adorable, Marybeth ... soft, sweet and such a delight! Your joy and pride in Delaney just bursts forth from your story ... what an inspiration that little girl is ... a blessing to you all and everyone around her! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved your sweet story! Delaney must be such a sweetie. And your card is just precious. How fun to see the little ellie as a slider.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Delaney is a treasure, isn't she, and your story - filled with love and pride - has touched my heart deeply! How blessed all of you are to have her as your precious girl...and she, to have all of you! Your ellie card steals my heart, too...seriously, totally, completely adorable!!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got me with this wonderful interactive card - love the pinks and the elephants.. told myself to slow down and read and I am so glad I did. This is a beautiful post that made my heart happy! Delaney sounds amazing and I feel like was there reading your story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.