Thursday, October 19, 2017

Thank You Note From My Daughter


with Melissa
Melissa shared some darling cards adding layers to wreaths. 
I kept is simple as its a sympathy card for a dear friend.

Some of you may know from my Instagram : that our son-in-law was shot three times in Vegas
 shielding our daughter from harm.
He is doing much better now, two of the bullets have to stay in his leg as it is too dangerous to remove them one in the bone. 
 They are home and we are all beyond grateful to have them both alive .  They are surrounded by so many people even those around the world that have sent prayers and love. Below is a note that my daughter posted to try and say thanks. 
Please keep everyone that was at the event, in your prayers .
I thank you all as well.


Nicole O'malley
We hope this post reaches everyone who has prayed and thought of us at this time. This is so hard for me to even write! The love and support we have received is so overwhelming (in the best way), that I can't go online or read the wonderful post people are sending our way! Tom and I are so very fortunate to be back home and be with our family and friends. To be honest we feel so guilty that we have so many people wanting to help us. Sunday night was the worst thing we have ever experienced. But Sunday night was also the most incredible night we have ever experienced too! We had so many things and people that were perfectly in placed they all saved our lives. Most of the amazing people that helped Sunday night you will never hear of. We can't stress enough about the amount of good that was all around us that Sunday night! To the amazing people in the crowd that told us to run in the right direction, the Las Vegas Metro Police that made cover and put tourniquets on my husbands gun shot wounds during the gun fire, Nevada for making sure their Las Vegas Metro Police has the best equipment, the guy in the red truck that backed into gun fire to get us in his truck and got us to the hospital before the hospital even knew what had happened, Desert Springs Hospital for having the best staff that went above and beyond and saved countless lives, the professionals that rushed to the hospital and people at the concert who helped out complete strangers, Gabriel Fuentes for getting to the hospital before it was on lock down and never leaving our side which saved me in more ways than he will ever know, my dad, sister and brother who rushed to be by our sides and never left, my mom, Nancy, Jose, Scott and Nicola who all took care of our children and had to break the bad news to them, Kim and Scott for holding the fort down at home, the Las Vegas Metro Detectives, the FBI agents who are still checking in on us, San Manuel Tribe and San Manuel Fire Department who are still going above and beyond to make sure we have everything we need. Everyone is asking us what they can do to help. Tom and I ask that everyone thank their local police and the Las Vegas Metro Police of Nevada, the doctors and nurses, to pray for all the victims and their families and all those involved. We can't stress enough how grateful we are for everyones prayer's and help. It has made a tremendous help towards our recovery. And of course I have to thank the man who has already giving me everything I have ever wanted. Thomas O'Malley my husband saved my life Sunday night by shielding me from gunfire and after being shot 3 times got me to safety. He did the only thing that mattered and that was to get me home to hug my children again!

Rustic Wreath from Papertrey Ink
Botanical Silhouettes Papertrey Ink
Watercolor cardstock
 God bless you all!

marybethstimeforpaper Instagram 

35 comments:

  1. That is a truly beautiful card Marybeth. How utterly shocking what has happened to your family but what an ultimate hero your son-in-law is. Sending lots of prayers their way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath card is CAS perfection Marybeth, and what a touching and heartfelt note from your daughter. SO glad to hear about all the "helpers" that were in place that night...you and your family have much to celebrate. God Bless to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning sympathy card Marybeth...love your gorgeous wreath. Such a beautiful and heartfelt note from your daughter, so happy you are sharing this for her. I am still keeping them and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs to all of you, Marybeth. So beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sympathy card, Marybeth and beautiful note from your daughter. So glad to hear that Tom is doing better. TFS. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simplicity has its own beauty and your card creation is right in there ( very pretty)! I am so sorry the Las Vegas tragedy hit home but elated that your daughter and son-in-law are doing okay. The Lord was looking after them. TFS and God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is lovely and peaceful Marybeth. I'm happy to hear Tom is doing better. More hugs and prayers coming our way <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is truly beautiful, Marybeth! I've thought of your daughter and son-in-law so often and am so happy that they made it safely home. Nicole's note is so lovely! Sending more hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, beautiful testimonial to all in Nevada who made a difference. God bless your family Marybeth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Marybeth! I had no idea about your daughter and son-in-law as I don't do social media. I am so very sorry to hear they were caught up in the Vegas attacks but oh so glad they are OK and that your son-in-law is making progress. It must have been a terrible ordeal for them and for all of you too.Your daughters 'Thank You' made me cry and gave me goosebumps... I wish them and you well. Your card is beautiful Marybeth, so classy.....lovely colours. God Bless xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very sorry this happened to anyone, especially your daughter and son=in-law. They will be in my prayers as they heal from trauma and injuries. Thank God for watching out for them and all the wonderful people who stepped in to help. The heartfelt thank you from her is beautiful and your card is too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, simple and meaningful. So relieved for Nichole and Tom's safe return. And continued prayers for a complete recovery. May Our Lord watch over all who were so deeply affected. Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card Marybeth!

    I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter and SIL were involved in the horrific LV shooting, and thank God they're going to be okay. Your daughter's note brought tears to my eyes, not only to hear what they went through, but her heartfelt thank you to all those behind the scenes heroes that we don't hear enough about. You and your family are in my thoughts as they continue to heal, both physically and mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Marybeth, I came here to get a close up of your classy sympathy card, which I love. Had no idea your daughter and SIL were involved in the LV massacre, but so very thankful they are both going to be OK. Praying for Tom's recovery and that they can get back to a somewhat normal life. Her thank you note was so beautifully written it brought tears to my eyes. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! I had no idea about your children. I am so glad they survived such a horrendous act of violence. I will keep all of you in my prayers.
    Your card is beautiful. I am in love with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't we blessed, Marybeth? To even imagine this happening, let alone to those you hold dearest is beyond imagination. That they survived, is the greatest blessing of all. You are so dear to me, my friend. Glad to say those prayers, and will continue to send healing prayers for Tom, Nicole, and their darling family.
    Your wreath is perfection - it's that perfect slip of vellum that always seems to bring that certain bit of softness to every design - beyond gorgeous!
    love and hugs...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had no idea till I read this Marybeth that your daughter and son-in-law had been caught up in this terrible act of violence. Thank God that they survived and for your son-in-laws bravery at that time. Sending healing thoughts and prays their way.
    Your card is beautiful and I hope you are dealing with everything ok as it can be very stressful for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is STUNNING!! I have several sympathy cards to create this weekend and think I will be CASEing your card. I am sorry to hear about your son in law but am glad that he is okay. Praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, elegant wreath, Marybeth! Continuing to pray for your son and daughter-in-law, and all of those affected! XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful card! Thankful to hear your family is ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is beautiful! My goodness what you all have been through. Prayers that your son-in-law will recover from his injuries. This is such a crazy world anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm quite teary after reading Nicole's beautiful thank you, Marybeth! She did a heartfelt job of conveying that there are amazing, good, and kind people in the world at a time when we all need to hear that. Everyone affected remains in my prayers. And, of course, your card is gentle and lovely, just like you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is so pretty Marybeth! Thank you so much for sharing your daughters sweet note. I had tears reading it. It just goes to prove that their is so much goodness out there and so many caring and thoughtful people in the world. I am so glad they are home safe now! ((HUGS!!))

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh, Marybeth, thank you for sharing this...I'm so glad they are okay. Always look for the helpers, the good, amidst the bad. Thinking of you and sending you hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Marybeth, your daughter Nicole said it beautifully! There is so many good people to be thankful for and to recognize these truly wonderful folks really shows the good outweigh the bad in this world. Continuing to pray for the families of those who lost their lives and for those recovering from injuries sustained by this senseless act.
    Your Sympathy card is a lovely and comforting design.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautifully written note from Nicole, Marybeth ... despite the horror, there are just so many things and people to be thankful for. I'll keep up the prayers for you all, my friend. Your wreath card is simply lovely ... soft and wonderfully serene. Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your daughter's note is very poignant, but it beautifully points out the GOOD in people that far surpasses the evil in so few. I wasn't aware of the fact that your family was directly affected by this horrific act of evil, but you all have my prayers of healing - both mentally & physically. You've combined some lovely elements on your gorgeous card that exude serenity and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! I did not know! Thanks for sharing! Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am still thinking of you and your family, and sending prayers for continued healing as well. May your daughter, son-in-law, and their children find ways to heal from this horrific event. I continue to pray for the others who were impacted and give thanks for those who braved this onslaught to rescue and to help those who were in need. Nicole's words have touched my heart, and I can see from them that you have raised a fine, strong, and brave young woman full of faith and one who continues to find good in this world. Blessings to you all, dear friend.
    Your card is lovely, too. Soft, sweet, and perfect for a friend. Let me know if you need anything. Gentle hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card Marybeth and beautiful post from Melissa. Thanks for sharing and hang in there! I loved her last sentence... yes the children! Such a blessing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. So happy to hear that your daughter and son-in-law are doing okay. Thank goodness there are still more people who are full of good than those who are so troubled. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers as your family continues to heal. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Marybeth this brings tears to my eyes. I am so sorry that you and your family have had to go through something like this. I am glad to hear they are doing well. Nicole wrote a lovely heartbreaking post. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I was in tears when I heard the news and this makes them spring back again. I am happy to hear they are doing well, so glad there were people there to help and thankful for the police, first responders and medical staff. Beautiful card. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  34. One of the best sympathy cards I've ever seen, Marybeth! Thank you so much for sharing your daughter's post. I've been thinking of your family & wondering how things were going. So happy to know they are home & improving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.