Tuesday, June 18, 2013

SSCB # 14 Basket Case


We were asked to make a card with a basket , but no 
Christmas or Easter baskets!

Sad news... Cathy Weber  will be stepping down from the DT, Cathy and her cards are going to be missed.  
The good news is ...we welcome Vickie Zimmer To the Design Team. Welcome Vickie !
I will add a sentiment later when I know what this card will be used for, birthday, etc.
 It’s a smaller card about  4X4

I really love this image , maybe it's the gloves, or the clay pots!
I  heat embossed this image in black, then colored it in with my Copics. For some reason it is easier for me to color in with it embossed. ( helps me stay in the lines) Then I added a bit of Liquid Pearls , it was a bit much on the gloves so I just colored over them . Now, I think it looks like the little rubber nubs on garden gloves. The gloves already had the polka dots.  For some reason I am loving red, I think it's a great summer color!

Thank you all , for your very sweet comments about my heavy heart. I know it should only be filled with joy.  You are the best!
I am much better today!

 I hope you find some time to play, you could win 20$
 off your next order!


Design Team

     Vickie Zimmer

through 6/26.

Lil Inkers stitched matts
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Spellbinders square


15 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful image and I love how you framed it in a way that kept it the focus. Those nubby gloves are a riot, so true to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Marybeth awesome colouring. What a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree...those gloves look so realistic with the little dots! I have a pair just like them, unused of course! I love your card...and the coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red too Marybeth, such a happy color! Your card is full of summer and I like the polka dotty gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love your card! All the texture and colors! Hope you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card--your coloring and detailed dots really put it over the top. I also find it easier to color an embossed image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make me see these stamps in a new way - Love the bright colors and all the accents you added - especially those little snips! You're making me need this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right... it does look like little rubber grips on the gloves! I love it when things turn in to happy accidents!!! Great color choices-- bold, bright and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colors and the Liquid Pearls are such a nice touch! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that is too funny... I was reading about the liquid pearls on the gloves and thinking well, some garden gloves have little nubs {then you wrote it}!! Love this image too- perfect spring/summer gardening! Love the pearls on the flowers and fab coloring. So glad to be playing with y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the pearls and the nubs on the gloves! FAB details on this very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those dots on the gloves are perfect ... totally make them come to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to be so late getting caught up. Your garden basket is so lovely. I love the bright red and your wonderful nubby gloves!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A perfect non-holiday basket image. ;-) I love the bright colors you've used, and the way you've highlight the flowers and the gloves - very clever! I need to get those stitched square mats...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.