Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Chalking It Up




Welcome to another SSCB Challenge. 
This one is super easy ! We were asked to use chalk on our card.

I don't normaly color a detailed image like this Christmas Chapel … but I could with chalks . I heat embossed my image thinking it would help me stay inside the lines.  I ended shading most of it, so embossing not really needed. 


I used a brush to add some glue and then glitter. The brush gives it a lighter look, when applying the glue.


I hope you can find a bit of time to play along. 
 We have over 100 Wood mounted  stamps 
at the store that are 50% off . 

We also have 3 different grab bags – UM, Sticky cushion, and 

Cling Cushion. Each has 10 small stamps.

 Just search for "grab bag”

Want to see what the rest of the DT has done with chalk? 



I also used Papertrey Ink Cardstock, Lil Inkers Design Stitched Rectangles.

Thanks

20 comments:

  1. Marybeth,this is absolutely beautiful! I love how you colored with the chalks, and the glitter adds an extra special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marybeth wow this card is stunning ! I love the stamped image and embossing so pretty

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wintery scene and beautiful coloring, Marybeth! The glitter adds a very nice touch to the card and I need to remember to pull out the chalks more often too...they are nice medium!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marybeth, this card is stunning! Awesome job coloring this beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Marybeth with the lovely chalk coloring, the glitter and sweet ornaments on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Marybeth! Fabulous chalking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect soft touch with the chalks! Love the faint little shadowing you did too. Such a sweet scene, and the glitter and ornies on the tree finish with glam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! The colours are so soft and pretty and I love all the sparkle too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marybeth, this is so beautiful! I love your chalked church, so stunning and all the glitter too, makes for an amazing Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marybeth this is gorgeous!! You seriously should color...or chalk more often, you did and amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty, Marybeth! Your Christmas Chapel is just lovely w/ the soft colors and added glitter. Love that stitched looking border and embossed greeting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at all the goodness here, embossing, glitter and a beautifully colored scene!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Marybeth! Love the chalk and the soft glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the result you got from the chalk Marybeth! The glitter adds just enough sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful scene you created. It's been a long time since I pulled out my chalk. I'd forgotten how pretty it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Chapel is one off favorites from SS. Your card using it is simply beautiful with chalk. Love the touches of the green glitter too! Safe and Happy Holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful scene, Marybeth! The chalk creates a wonderful soft look. I love the glittery touches & adore all the bling on your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous card! This is a work of art, Marybeth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. STUNNING card! LOVE the roof and the balls on the tree! FAB coloring too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.