Saturday, January 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas



The : Merry Christmas stamp on the envelope was made 
by my daughter.



 Hi there friends. Welcome to the first Keeping Christmas Hop of 2020.
 I am happy to say that I am joining the Keeping Christmas group, blog hop every month. I love making Christmas cards all year long.

I was so behind in Christmas cards again last year, that I knew this would keep me ahead and be able to make some quality Christmas cards and get some beautiful inspiration along the way. Hope you will too!

Hello there!  It’s the 25th of the month and I have my first round of Christmas cards for the year on my blog today for our Monthly Keeping Christmas Blog Hop.  Kelly Lunceford started this many months ago (February 25, 2017) and eventually the former "The Challenge" designers came to be a part of it.  We share Christmas cards and projects with you on the 25th of each month to show you different ideas, techniques or projects to help you get a jump start on your Holiday cards and tags for the coming year.  All of the designers have projects to share with you today.  We have 3 new members this year and I know they are names you’ll recognize!  Here is the Blog Roll:


I colored all the leaves and berries with oxide inks using my taylored expression blending brushes.




 I scored the front panel at 1/2 inch then turned the panel and scored again . Each leaf is layered two times so that the top layer can be fooled up a bit.


 I used the new Simon Says Stamp die called Holly and Berries Tag. The Sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and a big favorite of mine, for Christmas.

you can find me here Instagram 




Kelly Lunceford (Creator)










15 comments:

  1. I just ordered that Holly Tag die and it should be here Monday. Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I'm so glad you joined the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to see you joining us!!! You have a great start on your Christmas cards for next year and they are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic set of cards, I love the clean look. Welcome to the team :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big congratulations to you Marybeth, I'm so happy for you!! You're of to an amazing start too, look at your pretty cards all lined up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this are super Marybeth..really classy..and you have made a good start on your Christmas card stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, Marybeth. I really like that greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card!! I LOVE the greeting and how you made a bunch. Great start to your stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. I like the scored background, the layered leaves, and the shiny red berries

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Love the scored background and the ink blended pieces. They pop nicely against the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations for being a part of the Hop, Marybeth! I'm in love with your stunning holly card design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on joining the hop, Marybeth ... what an asset you'll be! Your design is delicious ... so fresh and bright and texture-y ... like a holly sprig against newly fallen snow! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m loving the Hop, so much talent & fun. Your cards turned out so pretty and very doable, which I love. And btw, I love the stamp your daughter made. Beautiful handwriting! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is CAS perfection! I love the inked pieces of holly and the scored background! This card makes me smile! XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marybeth! I'm backpeddling a little. DIdn't get a chance to visit last month. My 2020 has begun chaotically. I love these cards, so simple but so beautiful! I'm going to have to invest in that holly die. Happy to have you on board. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.