Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Make It Monday # 27 Custom Copic Striped Ribbon

Hi everyone hope your all doing well. I have been so  busy. One of my daughters lives near Sony studios  in California . They just finished filming a movie and then a few days later filmed a national Hunts commercial, in her home that her husband built.  My son in law is a great builder. So she and my three granddaughters stayed with me for a few days while they filmed. Wow she has her hands full. Ages 5,3 and 1. We had a good time. I love spending time with them, but I didn’t  get anything else done while they are here. That is ok though!
I made this card on Sunday Aug 8th and didn’t post till now. I made it from Sees candy wrap, that  was a birthday gift. I love how it looks but I did change up the ribbon so I could enter it in MIM for Papertrey Ink. I was also pleased to see that this pattern will be a new stamp on the 15th. My ribbon did not turn out great as it is the only grosgrain ribbon I have until my order comes in tomorrow. I wish I had white ribbon and a black copic marker. the one below is a ribbon I had first then colored it in with a green, didn’t turn out to
well.Take care and thanks for stoping by.well.Take care and thanks for stoping by.

7 comments:

  1. Lucky you to get See's Candy--my fave! Great card. Love that bitty bird hiding behind the leaves. Those leaves look good bent out like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you cut those leaves out Marybeth! This is so striking with the black and white paper. I can smell that Sees Candy right this minute! You did such a good job on your ribbon, I admit I have never been brave enough to try it. I can't draw a straight line for anything. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your grandkids. I envy you and am looking forward to the day I have some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea . love that See's paper. My son's girlfriend just returned from Austria and brought us some chocolates. As I am enjoying those I am thinking to myself " See's is better". It is my favorite chocolate. Love the way you cut the leaves.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Your ribbon looks great- it adds a great layer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Marybeth! I love the ribbon!! Sounds like you had a great time with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Marybeth! Love how you have done the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.