Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Simple Things


Hi there! I found some time in the craft room yesterday (made some time). I had forgotten how you can lose track of time just crafting , so much fun.


 I am so loving all the new stamps from the The Greetery  I am still working on mastering stamping the Robin & Wren Stamp Set. I found with the Simple Things Stamp Set that I didn't use the second step, stamping as much. I liked just using the first stamp a few times with a darker color and partial re-stamping. I did a combination of water and ink cubes for the greenery.


On the birds I used Distressed Oxide inks and on the greenery I used Altenew ink cubes.

Thanks for the visit and I hope you are all doing well.



10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Marybeth...simply divine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...these are just as lovely as lovely could possibly be. I think you've mastered the stamping of those pretty little birds quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about time flying by when playing in the craft room. I can't tell you how many times I have looked up at the end of a card making session, and found the clock to read 2 or 3 am!!! Yes, I am very lucky to be able to sleep in the next morning. Both of these cards are beautiful, and I really like the sentiments, too. I don't think you mentioned which paper you used for your stamping. It does add a very nice texture to the scene. I am off to check out the company and stamp sets you used. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Marybeth and I think you've mastered the birds quite well too! I've only played with them once and struggled a bit lining them up...think I'm going to try Jennifer McGuire's technique from her latest video and see if that helps at all! I love your idea of only using the 1st stamp in the eucalyptus stamp and just re-inking with a darker shade the 2nd time. Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely cards! Beautiful design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and elegant, Marybeth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply lovely, Marybeth ... elegant, stylish and gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet and enchanting image and sediment that is! I love your coloring and your design which showcase them both beautifully, Marybeth! So you!! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, Marybeth! You've done a beautiful job stamping the birds! I still haven't played with mine. Hopefully this week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I just saw your cards on pinterest and love the birds would love to know what colors of oxides you used

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.