Monday, September 29, 2014

Doing Something A Little Different


new MIM video by Melissa Phillips

Moxie Fab World


Hi, Hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend. We finally enjoyed some fall like weather and it was heaven sent. In a few days its back to heat wave. So thankful for the beautiful weekend!

This was fun and I loved the way the gold embossing powder melted on the glass. I liked it so much I thought why not just roll a small clear glass candle in the Versa Mark and emboss it all.  I did and that is the small gold candle next to my painted jar. So much fun! I sorta did it in stages as the day went on. Started first thing in the morning. Thanks again Papertrey Ink  and Melissa 

MIM is like a little mini free online class, love it!
Go check out the video!

Marybeth


Solid Stitches & Swirls (for my small dots)

Tree Trimming Trio ( for my large dots)

18 comments:

  1. Love 'em both!
    haven't tried this yet but have watched the video...
    Melissa's voice is so sweet...
    and have an idea of what I wanna do so we'll see if it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab project! Love the gold n orange combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching Melissa's videos, don't you! PRETTY projects Marybeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out wonderfully! I don't think I'll be participating in this one, but your jar and candle sure have me wishing I could. We've been enjoying the cooler weather, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't get any cuter than these! Beautiful jars. Do you have the lovely chartreuse hydrangea growing in your yard? It freezes here unfortunately, but I still try ever now and again. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great effect! Love it. :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! If that hydrangea bloom is real, I'm coming over!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are so beautiful! What an amazing idea to emboss the entire jar. Gorgeous!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow--these are amazing. I clearly need to get moving and watch that video. I have no idea how on earth you did that jar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU are so SMART! LOVE how the gold melted on the glass!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so pretty. Great idea adding the beautiful hydrangea's. Mine are turning dark as well, maybe I should go cut some before they're too far gone. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I need to watch Melissa's video! Your jars look fabulous--love the polka dots. Great job with this MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would make a wonderful hostess gift when going to friends for dinner Maybeth. I love the autumn colours and the pretty hydrangea. Just gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marybeth I LOVE them both!! That gold is STUNNING!!!
    Hope all is well!! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this and can not wait to give this a try...tomorrow night is my plan. I love the orange and those sweet gold dots are so fun and your plant, just the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your jar is so pretty with that vibrant orange and gold. A cheery fall look. The plant is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love it when you do!
Take care.